[Scons-dev] What to replace the wiki with?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 16:54:08 EST 2014

On 13.12.2014 21:54, Bill Deegan wrote:
> All,
>
> I think two items for wiki are must have:
> 1) full text searchable from the wiki
> 2) index able by google and others.
>
> I'm pretty sure neither bitbucket nor github has both. (Though I suppose 1 would come with 2)
> As for giving specific contributors unfettered write access. I think we could just give them write access to a given repo. (which is
> where the wiki is).
> No such access control exists for a project's wiki under bitbucket.
>
> Assuming I have a host to put moin on, does anyone know how to configure it to minimize the load it causes? Can you put a caching
> proxy in front of it?

I'm not an expert (I know jag about web stuff), so don't take my words for granted. But I read somewhere that one can roughly
distinguish between servers that handle requests thread-based (apache), and those that work event-based (nginx). The former are more
vulnerable to D(D)OS attacks, so if we setup all the stuff on our own, using "nginx" might be worth a try?
I remember that there was a recent talk about Bitbucket and its internal architecture. If this sound interesting, I can try to dig
up the link, and you can have a look at which components/configurations it uses. Why not learn from the best? Or let's say the
successful at least... ;)