[Scons-dev] What to replace the wiki with?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 04:45:47 EST 2014

On 12.12.2014 19:32, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de
> <mailto:tshortik at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     On 12.12.2014 18:43, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
>

>         [...]
>

>         It would be a little odd to have our code at bitbucket and our
>         wiki at github, but if github's wiki engine/editor is way
>         better, I'd consider it.  After all our wiki has been a
>         separate thing for years already.
>
>     Ahh, I can already see where you're going with this.... ;)
>
> You're thinking I want to move _everything_ to github I bet.
> Actually, no.  I do like git better than mercurial, it's true; but
> bitbucket seems to have fine git support these days so I'm agnostic on
> that.
I was just teasing there... :)

> I really just want to get the wiki back up soon, and not have to think
> about it anymore for a while :-).  If someone proposes some other
> code-oriented wiki site I'd be just as happy to use that for the wiki.

I really don't want to be the pessimist in this round, but I'd like to
point out what's on the other side of the equation when we switch to a
VCS-based editing of the Wiki: Someone has to accept (and review?) all
the incoming pull requests. And you can't simply mark persons
"trustworthy for the future", as with the ApprovalQueue. So you have to
accept/merge each time...just sayin'.