[Scons-dev] User Guide generation questions

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Aug 31 16:16:41 EDT 2014

On 31.08.2014 21:52, William Blevins wrote:

>     python ../../src/script/scons.py
>     Please ensure that you have the following Python bindings on your
>     system "libxml2+libxslt" or "lxml".
>

> I have *python-lxml-2.2.3-1* installed.
>
> I tried *python ../../src/script/scons.py* with both python 2.6 and
> python 2.7 with the same results (from what I could tell).  There is
> an index.html in *#doc/user* that has been committed but it doesn't
> seem to update, and the index.html inside *#doc/user/scons-user* is
> empty (size 0 bytes).

These files shouldn't be commited...and in my version of the latest
trunk, as well as in all your own current SCons* forks, they aren't. So
I wonder where they are coming from on your side.
Please check and ensure that your working directory is clean ("hg purge
--all" might help, but make a backup of your local changes first).
This really seems to be a local issue...