[Scons-dev] Re PR #171

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 13:42:10 EDT 2014

The whole ASCII string / Unicode codepoint sequence thing brings the
Python 2/Python 3 thing to a head. If we want a codebase that runs under
both Python 2 and Python 3 then we almost certainly have to use six to
provide the indirection layer for things like strings (unless we write
our own). Alternatively the Python 3 codebase can be separate (which is
what Anatoly was advocating if I remember correctly) and then do careful
cherry picks from the Python 2 codebase.

There is also then process: I can probably spend an hour here an hour
there fixing broke tests but should these individual sessions be
separate pull requests?

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk