[Scons-dev] Scons 2.3.2 regression, D tool...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 14:09:35 EDT 2014

On 09.08.2014 19:42, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 15:33 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
> […]
>
> In amongst all the bluster and anger, I think we have iterated to a very
> simple solution to both bugs: remove the setting of the symbol in the D
> tools since it is problematic and the Fortran tools do not touch it
> (even if they ought to be :-).
>
> I will commit the change and push to my Mercurial repository on
> BitBucket, but won't ask for a pull request, unless that would be
> helpful to people with Windows kit trying this out.

I think it is extremely helpful to create this PR right now. The sooner
we can test this in the mainline (and against our Buildbots), and the
sooner users can pull a fixed version straight from the repo for
testing, the better it is for us.
We have clearly identified the issue and have a fix for it. Let's not
wait...

> We do need a test for this, but I am not sure what form it should take
> so all suggestions welcome.
I don't think we need an extra test. There are lots of D tool tests
already, and the existing C/C++ tests actually triggered errors on the
Windows buildslave...but nobody had a closer look because the buildbot
stuff was in a bad state recently. So the "all red" appeared to be normal.

This is a fix for a previous commit, so there doesn't have to be a test
for it, IMO. The actual testing would be to have one Buildslave under
Windows with D tools installed, and another one without.
So again, feel free to leap ahead and remove the offending line...no
tests required from my side.
And if things go havoc this time, you can put the blame on me afterwards. ;)