[Scons-dev] Scons 2.3.2 regression, D tool...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 13:42:20 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 15:33 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
[…]
> Yep, I second that. Things like these just happen sometimes, so we can
> only try to be professional about it and get the issue out of the way
> asap. I also screwed up badly several times when trying to revamp the
> doc toolchain, so, Russel, please don't feel offended. You did a great
> job on the D integration, it's just this tiny issue that's left...so
> let's work things out.

Exactly. We have two genuine problems that need fixing, so let's do it.

In amongst all the bluster and anger, I think we have iterated to a very
simple solution to both bugs: remove the setting of the symbol in the D
tools since it is problematic and the Fortran tools do not touch it
(even if they ought to be :-).

I will commit the change and push to my Mercurial repository on
BitBucket, but won't ask for a pull request, unless that would be
helpful to people with Windows kit trying this out.

We do need a test for this, but I am not sure what form it should take
so all suggestions welcome.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk