[Scons-dev] Test failures with biblattex

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Aug 6 19:39:55 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

On 30.07.2014 16:11, Managan, Rob wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> For test/TEX/biber_biblatex.py we get:
>
> biber returned an error, check the blg file
>
> I suspect that the installed version of biber is mismstched with the
> version of biblatex and errors out. I guess I need to find a way to
> figure out what version of biber is installed and what version we require.
>
> At
> http://ctan.mirrorcatalogs.com/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex/doc/biblatex.pdf
> on page 6 I found the chart for what versions of biblatex and biber
> are compatible. I will email back later when I figure out how to get
> the version of biblatex. Probably a kpsewhich type call and then look
> at the top of the biblatex.sty file. I hope biber as an executable
> will tell you its version with a command line option. More when I get
> my ancient linux laptop up and running.
>
> Same fortest/TEX/biber_biblatex2.py, test/TEX/biblatex.py, and test/TEX/biblatex_plain.py

I think I fixed the above errors for the Fedora box. Based on the
description in

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/140814/biblatex-biber-fails-with-a-strange-error-about-missing-recode-data-xml-file

I removed the "/tmp/par-*" folders, and biber seems to work again
(versions of biber and biblatex match locally).
In the next days, I'll let another pull request follow to get my
Buildslaves "green" again....

Regards,