[Scons-dev] Patch to add support for intel c compiler

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Wed Apr 16 09:48:48 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Kenny, Jason L <jason.l.kenny at intel.com>wrote:

> FYI,

> If we could get code I have in Parts for toolsetting added to Scons it

> would help make this easier. Parts supports Intelc to 14 officially ( 15

> beta should still work) and supports Phi card cross builds as well as

> support of which gcc version or cl version to use. Last time I looked at

> Scons version it was a complex file that hard to maintain.

That's for sure. Intel has changed where the files are installed and how
the registry is used to find them quite frequently. I basically gave up
after a while; we use the Intel compiler at work but we just have a tool
that hard-codes everything for the version(s) we use.

Last time I looked at the tool stuff from parts, though, it was also quite
complex and didn't seem like it could be dropped in without changing SCons
behavior. Is that still true?

> Still I can look at the patch.

Thanks!