[Scons-dev] Something looks wrong to me in Node.changed(). Your opinion?

alexandre.feblot at gmail.com alexandre.feblot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 03:35:55 EDT 2013

In fact, the only real case I can think of is a command which identifies all libs listed in LIBS, store them in a file and provide that file to the linker. Which is actually pretty much what the MSVC builder is doing, I suppose, but I didn't look into this code yet.
My question was rather a theoretical one: Is this ok to rely only on the command rather than on a real dependency identification and comparison. This seems even stranger since dependencies are properly known (and was indeed mentioned in issue 2903: "it is not relinked *whereas* scons --tree=all shows the the correct dependencies).