[Scons-dev] [scons-dev] fix for 2903 breaks LIBPATH.py test..

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Oct 26 19:59:40 EDT 2013

So this is a little more interesting than I'd thought. I can fix the
current issue (spurious rebuilds when LIBPATH changes) by using LIBS in the
varlist rather than SHLINKCOM, which initially makes sense. But as I added
a test for this, along the way thought I'd make sure that changing other
random linker options does cause a rebuild as it's supposed to; it doesn't!
It didn't in 2.3.0 either. But 2.2.0 is OK in that way, so I bisected
that: that problem was introduced in abded0675444, which added versioned
shared libs.

I'll keep looking into this and plan to submit a fix for both bugs. With
tests.

-- Gary