[Scons-dev] Documentation in EPUB-format

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Oct 9 04:18:52 EDT 2013

Andrew,

thanks for the update on your progress. Sounds good so far...

On 09.10.2013 00:26, Andrew Featherstone wrote:

> Hi Dirk,

> Yes my tool takes care of zipping up and formatting the container

> correctly. Unfortunately the SCons Zip builder method doesn't support

> source files with different compression types; perhaps that's a

> separate feature that could be added. For now I'm using the Python

> zipfile module directly and achieving what's required.

I had a look at the Zip Builder too. From what I understood you should
be able to call it repeatedly, such that you append files to an already
existing archive. Wouldn't this open the possibility of specifying
different compression modes then?

The EPUB recipes on the Internet that I found used the simple "zip -X9rD
OEBPS" to archive the stuff together. So I'm wondering whether it's
really required to support special compression settings...