[Scons-dev] Documentation in EPUB-format

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Oct 6 15:07:33 EDT 2013

Hi Andrew,

On 06.10.2013 19:59, Andrew Featherstone wrote:

> Hi Dirk,

> I've actually been working on adding this to the DocBook tool. I've

> managed to get a simple example working, and pending a tidy up I can

> push this to my fork at https://bitbucket.org/ajf58/scons_docbook . I

> didn't find a dependency on pandoc either. I/ simply used the XSLT

> supplied. Would this be of any use?

thanks for your message. I'm very interested in your changes, so I'd
definitely have a look at them if you'd commit them to your fork (no
need for a pull request in the first place).
Simply googling around, pandoc was the first tool I found and
successfully tried for the conversion...but if we could get rid of this
dependency, all the better.

But you still need to zip the resulting stuff together, right? Does your
extension take care of this already?

> Whilst I was in this codebase I noticed a few points where it seems

> like there's code to support old (pre 2.7) versions of Python, as well

> as support for old versions of Scons. Is this legacy support necessary?

The DocBook Tool is not (yet) part of the core sources. By keeping
compatibility to older SCons and Python versions, we don't force people
to upgrade if they want to use the Tool. So this still makes sense, I
think.