[Scons-dev] Web site checkout is 650Mb

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Jul 20 10:31:21 EDT 2013

This would be a great help. Whether SF or bitbucket or Dropbox or Google
Drive or basically anywhere safe, I think this is a fine idea. Not sure
about one gigantic gz though, it would complicate the software release
process a bit (download the old gz, add new docs to it, re-zip, and
re-upload). If they could be stored essentially unpacked that would be
perfect.

Current release process and checklist is at
http://www.scons.org/wiki/ReleaseHOWTO#Simplified_2012.2B-_Mercurial-based_Release_Procedure_.28EXPERIMENTAL.29
-
it's not really experimental anymore, 2.2 and 2.3 both used it and it was
pretty smooth.