[Scons-dev] point release time?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Dec 17 18:57:33 EST 2013

Bill,

On 17.12.2013 22:06, Bill Deegan wrote:

> Dirk,

> If the memory patch uses __slots, then won't that likely break some

> user logic? If so then we should push out 2.3.1 without it with a

> notice in the release notes indicating what such change may break?

this patch doesn't use slots at all, it just tries to release as much
infos as possible for already built targets...without breaking any
existing tests. This means that we don't get the full amount of saved
memory that would be possible, but it's a start.

> Also looks like we have more than a handful of tests broken.

> So my suggestion would be to fix the broken tests, then push 2.3.1.

> Then address the other issues?

My pull request #96 should fix the Environment bug...which other issues
would you like to address?

Regards,