[Scons-dev] OK SCons not working under Python 3 now officially sucks.

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Thu Aug 22 13:09:08 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Antonio Cavallo <a.cavallo at cavallinux.eu>wrote:

> I'm not talking about an "installer" but a more stand alone single

> executable: this will allow to standardise development on python 2.7 and

> not to worry about back/forward compatibility.

> Was that the kind of code from the GSoC?

Pretty much. It was a Windows installer that installed a standalone
scons.exe that did not require (and in fact would ignore) any existing
python on the system. I don't think it's quite possible to make a single
"portable" scons.exe that contains _everything_ needed though; at some
point it has to unpack some shared libs and stuff into a subdir.