[Scons-dev] OK SCons not working under Python 3 now officially sucks.

Cristina Yenyxe González García the.blue.valkyrie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:09:46 EDT 2013

Even though I don't like Kickstarter too much, it is having a lot of hype
lately and could be a good place to ask for a certain amount of money. For
those who don't know it, you basically explain what you want to do, how
much money would you need and tipically also offer some kind of gift for
those who donate more.

I've seen several free software projects who got around 1K
dollars/pounds/etc, which could be enough for paying someone for a couple
weeks or so (it depends on the country, of course).

It seems there are some alternatives focused on free SW development and
could be better options, but I didn't have the time to do the research on
them. A list can be found in
http://www.techdrivein.com/2012/12/top-5-kickstarter-crowdfunding-alternatives-opensource-software.html?m=1

At least these are the options I can think about that are clearly different
from the typical "donate" button.