[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Apr 28 14:44:33 EDT 2013

On 28.04.2013 20:20, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk

> <mailto:russel at winder.org.uk>> wrote:

> Given the current system is XML based, with xml files and in files

> required, the new system is an improvement and should be accepted.

> Glad you agree, I feel the same way. This way all the doc uses the

> same source language and in the same way, with a much more consistent

> (and verifiable) pipeline. I want to review some of the non-PDF

> generated stuff to make sure it's all there (as well as the old system

> did anyway), but Dirk, why don't you start prepping a pull request.

> Once it's in we can sweat the details (Russel's list is good to

> start). Bill, what do you think?

I am ready to prepare a pull request any time...if we all agree that the
current status of my experimental branch is good enough to go, I'll
latch on.
Would you rather like the pull request to be one single commit, or
should I transplant all my single revisions for having a history that
makes single changes/decisions more trackable?