[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Apr 28 10:06:35 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 11:35 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
[…]

> What I don't want to happen is, that we "do nothing" just because the

> fonts don't look pretty enough yet, or some hyphenations are still wrong.

> I'd rather go into a possibly wrong direction first and then correct,

> instead of not moving at all and being stuck with SGML and troff.

[…]

> If we finally get a little bit of movement about this topic, that'll be

> enough of a prize to me. :)

Given the current system is XML based, with xml files and in files
required, the new system is an improvement and should be accepted. We
can look at fonts, hyphenation, etc. as a consequence of getting some
movement and momentum into evolving things.

Switching to something other than XML-based is a medium- to long-term
thing that I would like to see happen. Improving the XML-based systems
now is something I would like to see happen.

Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder