[Scons-dev] Qt support

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Apr 14 18:50:13 EDT 2013

On 15.04.2013 00:09, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> Dirk makes a very good point, one we've thought about for a long time.

> It might be a good time, as we prep for the next version, to think

> about a contrib system. (In any case, we should either import the

> Qt4/5 tools or delete the Qt3 one though.) Dirk, is there a way for

> us to leverage pypi for this? Can it install tools into a dir that we

> could add to the site_tools path for instance? I don't know if we

> could (or should) build a web-based contrib system ourselves.

I don't want to install the contributed tools into the usual site_scons
directory. They go straight into the SCons install, alongside with
"doc", "src", "QMTest" there would then be a "contrib" folder.
I can't offer any experience with pypi, so I don't know whether this is
possible...but something like this should be the goal.

We can't be the first people on the planet trying to distribute
additional software packages...there has to be a solution out there.
Let's find and use it, instead of inventing our own. ;)

> I am trying to get started on toolchain revamp ideas (which would

> integrate with the above idea). I'll try to put out some kind of

> strawman document soon.

Sounds great!