[Scons-dev] Possible minor bug + how to get (or assign) a builder to a file node?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Oct 7 17:02:07 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Left Right <olegsivokon at gmail.com> wrote:

> The example given in the link is unrealistically simple... for

> example, the pseudo-builder assumes there always will be source -

Because SCons builds a DAG and then uses it to find out what needs to be
rebuilt, any builder always needs a source. Otherwise it would run every
time.

I agree with Bill; I don't think SCons as it exists now is going to serve
your needs. It ought to be possible to build Flash with SCons (
http://www.wrwrwr.org/scons shows up when I google "SCons flash") but I
think you are looking for a type of process that is pretty different from
how SCons is organized.