[Scons-dev] [scons-release] 2.2.0 soon?

Kyle J Strand Kyle.Strand at beckman.com
Mon Jul 30 17:16:56 EDT 2012

I'd also like a little more information about how exactly to set up some
tests. I can't really test it on the main code base we're using at my site
because we have implemented so much of our own wrapper code ( >10,000
lines) that it doesn't seem like a true test of SCons any more.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure where, exactly, to
find the "main" branch of SCons, including changes made since the 2.1.0
release. It looks to me like the link to the scons-src zip file under
Production (2.1.0) on the downloads page is identical to the link to the
zip file under Development (2.1.0).

Kyle Strand, Software Intern
Beckman Coulter, Inc., Life Sciences Division
4862 Innovation Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525
(970) 204-7036

scons-dev-bounces at scons.org wrote on 07/30/2012 02:40:45 PM:

> Evan Driscoll <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu>

> Sent by: scons-dev-bounces at scons.org

> 07/30/2012 02:40 PM

> Please respond to

> SCons developer list <scons-dev at scons.org>

> scons-dev at scons.org

> cc

> Subject

> Re: [Scons-dev] [scons-release] 2.2.0 soon?

> On 07/29/2012 04:40 PM, William Deegan wrote:

> > Gary,

> > Sounds good.

> > Also.. Let's put a call for buildslaves.. We have ubuntu&

win7-64-vs2010.

> > If you have other machine configurations you care about and can

> loan some cycles, please let me know.

> > It won't burn a ton of bandwidth or CPU on your machine.

> I might be able to run one on a 64-bit RHEL5 machine. (Maybe RHEL6

> sometime soonish? Ooo, I hope.) I can run different versions of python

> too if it's easy to set up (e.g. start the buildbot with a different

> PATH). (I have at least: 2.4.1, 2.4.3], 2.5.2, 2.6.2, 2.7.1, 2.7.2.)

> How would I set it up?

> Evan

> > Thanks,

> > Bill

> > On Jul 29, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> >> We have a lot of little goodies now since 2.1.0. I have a few more

> >> little things I'd perhaps like to get in, like Intel v12 compiler

> >> support for Mac and Linux (I have a patch at work), but I think it's

> >> time. I've done a few test builds using the new release procedure I

> >> proposed a few weeks ago and things seem basically OK. (I didn't

> >> solve the win64 exe problem, but since that's not a regression I

think

> >> we should just add some text on the website saying to use the zip

> >> method on win64.)

> >> Anyone have additional things they'd like to get in? Anyone have any

> >> issues that need to be addressed? Anyone think the new simplified

> >> release procedure needs to be revised? (See my mail of July 15th.)

> >> We could do a beta first, but since this is almost all bug fixes and

> >> an accumulation of small things I think we should just push it out as

> >> 2.2.0 final.

> >> If we can get the buildbot going again that would be an excellent

> >> test. But I don't think we should hold a minor release for that. In

> >> the meantime, please everyone download the latest default branch and

> >> make sure it works in your production environments (to the extent you

> >> can).

> >> If there are no showstoppers, I'd like to aim for next weekend. I'll

> >> do the builds and test runs and Bill, can you do the usual uploading

> >> and announcing?

> >> Comments?

> >> --

> >> Gary

The server made the following annotations

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.