[Scons-dev] Failing buildbot runs...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 18:13:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 30.08.2012 15:45, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Dirk Bächle<tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> the new buildslaves are doing good work...and throw a lot of fails. ;)

>> I'd like to open a bug for fixing a few issues, such that we can hopefully

>> get all tests to pass again.

>> Just wanted to check and make sure that nobody else has started to work on

>> this.

>> If you do, raise your hand please...else I'll start tomorrow.

> This would be great! I fixed a few Windows failures last week, but

> there are still some out there. I think (?) all of them are test-code

> rather than actual SCons bugs. I know at least one is just a

> case-sensitive string compare of drive letters (C: vs. c:), and I did

> add a case-insensitive QMtest string matcher a few weeks ago which

> would probably fix that one.

I started work on this (issue #2872) and will probably need a few days. ;)
It's not that complicated overall, just a lot to do.

Anyway, we still have some real problems:

- The translation issue, some tests expect a system message in
English. This breaks with a German Windows
installed, or any other language. Should I try to get a full
translation scheme going, using gettext?
I can try, but do we really want to open this can of worms?
- Several MSVS tests expect that VisualStudio is installed and call
"cl" directly. Should I simply check with a
test.where_is('cl') and then skip it if nothing is found (=only
MinGW installed)? Is this safe enough for now?
Or should we provide a better way to detect the installed toolchain
before the actual tests are carried out?
- Fortran support seems to be broken badly under Windows. Didn't have
time to investigate this further so far,
but the suffixes (*.f77, ...) are not properly recognized.
Hints, pointers and solutions are welcome! :)

Finally, a request regarding the Buildbot setup. Bill, can you please
increase the timeout setting for the Fedora17 slave from 1200s to
something like 5400s? Yeah, I know that's a lot...but I timed the test
KeyboardInterrupt.py on the VirtualMachine without any significant load.
It takes a full 18min to finish, so we need to give it more time.
(These are 2*12 test runs with '-j' increasing from 8 up to 64...)
Thanks a lot in advance.