[Scons-dev] SCons 2.2.0 is now available

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Aug 6 21:39:06 EDT 2012

A new SCons release, 2.2.0, is now available. You can get it from the
SCons download page:
http://www.scons.org/download.php

This is the first release built from our mercurial repository, using a
new simplified release
process. We hope it will enable us to produce more frequent releases.
I believe this release
contains patches from more new contributors than any prior release of
SCons, so thank
you to all! Please feel free to contribute by checking our our
bitbucket repository at
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons.

This release adds several new features and fixes a number of issues.
Here is a summary of the changes since 2.1:

NEW FUNCTIONALITY

- New gettext toolset for internationalization (experimental)
- Support for Visual Studio 11 (both using it and generating solution files)
- Support for Intel C/C++ compiler v12 on Linux and Mac
- LaTeX support for multibib, biblatex and biber

CHANGED/ENHANCED EXISTING FUNCTIONALITY

- 32-bit Visual Express C++ on 64-bit Windows now generates 32-bit
code instead of giving errors

FIXES

- Fixed FindSourceFiles to find final sources (leaf nodes).
- Make Windows not redefine builtin file as un-inheritable (#2857)
- Fix WINDOWS_INSERT_DEF on MinGW (Windows) (#2856)
- Fix LINKCOMSTR, SHLINKCOMSTR, and LDMODULECOMSTR on Windows (#2833).
- Make -s (silent mode) be silent about entering subdirs (#2976).
- Fix cloning of builders when cloning environment (#2821).
- Fixed the Taskmaster, curing spurious build failures in
multi-threaded runs (#2720).
- Fixed scons-doc.py to properly convert main XML files (#2812).

For more information, see the release notes.

Enjoy!

-- the SCons Team