[Scons-dev] SCons 2.2.0

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Aug 6 21:43:19 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone for your contributions!

The new simplified release process is documented at
http://www.scons.org/wiki/ReleaseHOWTO/SimplifiedReleaseProcedure; I
tried to write things down as I did them. It's a LOT simpler than the
old one, and I wrote a few new scripts to automate much of the upload
process (which used to be really painful). Hopefully I got it mostly
correct.

PLEASE try out the new downloads, see if I left anything out (website
etc.) and let me know. I expect there must be some things I left out,
but we'll get them ironed out for next time.

I have yet to push the final release commits to the repo, I'm working
on that now. Will get it done shortly.