[reportlab-users] Platypus idea "splitting preferences"

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Fri Jan 15 05:09:23 EST 2010

Robin Becker wrote:

> Widow has a past, but no future (ie it's the last line of a paragraph

> appearing by itself on a new page).

> Orphan has no past, but a future ie it's the first line of a paragraph

> appearing at the bottom of a page where the rest of the paragraph is

> split to the next page.

Yeah, that's what Wikipedia says.
I always get confused because Oracle reports uses the term
"minimum widow lines (or records)" for what Wikipedia calls orphans, see
http://www.aboutoracleapps.com/2007/07/interview-questions-reports-6i.html

OK, then replace "widow" with "orphan" in my previous message except where
it references Oracle Reports :-)

Henning