[reportlab-users] Platypus idea "splitting preferences"

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 15 05:02:08 EST 2010

2010/1/15 Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com>:

> These are considered inelegant by some, but not all printers.

...and by quite a lot of customers ;-)

It's easy to think of extra attributes which could provide more
'guidance' to the layout algorithm, but I must warn you that it may be
quite hard to implement. We already have a very complex piece of
code to try and add one more thing to a page, which has to take
account of elements 'stuck together', conditional page breaks and
other things (and which can't recurse into table cells...). Still I
would be very happy to look at possible improvements.

- Andy