[reportlab-users] Use With SQLite3

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Feb 13 16:47:23 EST 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

>> I don't understand what SQLite has to do with ReportLab. Did you send

>> this to the wrong mailing list?

> I hope not. What I read on the web site for ReportLab suggests that I need

> 'preppy' to incorporate table data from a dbms back end. Is that incorrect?

> I'm looking for a report tool to use with our python application that uses

> sqlite3 as the backend in which data are stored. Since I just began to look

> at ReportLab I'm feeling my way around.

Ah, I see. I do not believe that the open source ReportLab product has
any facilities at all for pulling data directly from a dbms back-end,
although it could be I've just missed it. ReportLab is a fairly
low-level tool. ReportLab's commercial products have a lot of bells and
whistles that I'm not familiar with.

In my experience, I usually want more control over my reports, anyway.
I end up doing the query, manipulating the results row by row, and
feeding that into the Table.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.