[meteorite-list] Recent impact craters

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 12:04:15 EDT 2023

Hi everyone -
The recent discussion of meteorites from Earth reminds me -
The impact structures from neither of the Holocene Start Impact Events have been identified yet.
We have the 14C production spikes from the gamma radiation of the two impacts, and while we can use the meltwater outflows to identify roughly the impact areas, ground verification has not yet been accomplished for either of them.
I am quite pleased to read that 70% of the voters of the United States now think that finding the next impactor well before it hits is NASA's highest priority.
good hunting, everyone,and I hope to see you in Tucson,E.P.