[meteorite-list] New meteorite fall in Maine

Fries, Marc D. (JSC-XI211) marc.d.fries at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 11 16:29:54 EDT 2023

Howdy all

	There was a noontime bolide over eastern Maine this past Saturday which produced a meteorite fall. There was only one NEXRAD radar in range of this event but it appears in four radar sweeps, complete with short-range turbulence from falling rocks.  Details can be found here:

https://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/meteorite-falls/events/waite-me-08-april-2023-1556-utc

	My apologies for not sending this email earlier.  If anyone wants a copy of the Google Earth .kmz send me an email at this address.

Cheers,
Marc Fries