[meteorite-list] CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY

Mark Lyon mark.lyon.iivy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:20:30 EDT 2022

That makes sense.  Maybe it is an American thing.  I am used to the word
certificate being used much more loosely.  There are certificates of
ownership, certificates of completion,, certificates of awards, and
certificates of many other things.  It is just a word used to mean that the
document (the certificate) is formally stating that some specific entity is
acknowledging something as being the case. With a COA, I see it as just
stating that the entity (the seller) is formally acknowledging the
authenticity of the item.  But anyway I think people are probably tired of
the discussion by now.