[meteorite-list] CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY

Mark Lyon mark.lyon.iivy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 13:11:49 EDT 2022

There is no body that is legally recognized. Also, with all the diversity
in meteorites and the way the whole hobby/business is set up it would be
impossible for there to be a body like that and for the hobby to continue
in its current state.  Diamonds are an example of something that the
industry has created a value for that doesn't really exist -- meaning that
once you buy one it loses 80% of that value -- and probably not a good
thing for the meteorite community to model itself after.