[meteorite-list] CONFUSION OVER MY POSTING ON THE LIST

Mark Lyon mark.lyon.iivy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 17:17:06 EDT 2021

Rob,

It was great to meet you in Denver and I'm glad you generally had a great
time. I am not really involved in this issue (or really want to be) but I
did want to clarify that it is my understanding that Dd told someone that
he planned on asking you if you would like to be involved in an auction,
and the story sort of snowballed from there in a way that was out of his
control. I know he feels really bad about it, and I'm glad he apologized,
but I don't believe there was any attempt at misrepresentation.  It was
just a misunderstanding between two people, both of whom are my friends and
both of whom feel really bad about the turn this has taken.

Mark