[meteorite-list] Cristobalite

yasmani.ceballo at nauta.cu yasmani.ceballo at nauta.cu
Fri May 21 19:04:21 EDT 2021

Hello friends
I have a surviving difractogram of a rock that was thinked to be
meteorite in the past, but now is lost.
The only information we have is the presence of these minerals:
cristobalite, quartz, olivine, enstatite, plagioclase and amorphous
materials. Probably super high peaks of cristobalite, followed by
quartz.
This is the only information we have, so I know is nothing, but with
that how we can say?
I mean, a high cristobalite peak mean anything? There is no
cristobalite in the geology of the area where the rock is believed to
have fallen.
Thanks