[meteorite-list] Does anyone buy entire meteorite colletions?

Shawn Alan shawnalan at meteoritefalls.com
Sun Jun 28 16:58:26 EDT 2015

Hello Listers and Don

From my understanding there are few dealers that will buy whole
collections, it depends on the price and what you have. Now if your
looking to sell fast that's the best way to go, but your going to loose
a lot in what you paid on your collection. Lets say you spent 100,000
and if I was a dealer I would offer you 15,000 to start the offering and
I wouldn't go higher than 20,000 to 25,000. But again, that depends on
the collection. I would suggest this Don, take out the high end ticket
items and sell them alone and group different meteorites and sell those
as a whole LOTS. This way you can save some time on selling your
collection and also get a good return.

After your done selling off your collection, will you still  be
collecting meteorites and using the money earned to buy a different
collection? If that's the case, I would do trades cause it can be a win
win for both parties on some of the meteorites you have.

SA

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html