[meteorite-list] Fossils Found in Impact Glass

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:32:59 EDT 2014

Hi List,

I would like to clarify my earlier comments about fossil-bearing
impactites being "junk science".  This was not directed at the
bonafide scientists who are researching this issue.  My comments were
directed at the Wickramasinghe types and the "Martian Blood Vessels"
types.  It was brought to my attention that my knowledge of the
subject is sorely lacking and that there is legitimate research that
has shown the presence of fossil materials in impact glass.

I guess my bias came from the fact that I cannot wrap my head around
the idea that intense heat from impact can vaporize or melt rock, but
leave fossils intact.  It is fascinating stuff.

So, if I offended any scientists doing research on this, I apologize.

Best regards,

MikeG
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/galacticstone