[meteorite-list] Dirty laundry

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:22:09 EST 2013

I am very sorry to bring this up, but don't want anyone else to get burned like me.  I have been waiting on Greg Catterton since September to come through on a trade.  Despite repeated e-mails and promises that he would 'make it right', I have yet to see the lunar display box he agreed to trade for the stack of books I sent him last fall.  I have heard from a couple of other list members that they have not received their meteorites yet either, months later.  OTOH, he has a pretty good record for following through on ebay (ID freedom_factory, formerly wanderingstarmeteorites).  This isn't a large item that needs special handling, or an international deal that might have gotten locked up in customs.

Given this track record, I would highly suggest that anyone who intends to buy meteorites from him make sure they do it with a purchase method that has recourse.

Best!
Tracy Latimer