[meteorite-list] Thin Section Slide Size

Ed Deckert edeckert at triad.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 23:41:38 EST 2010

Hi List!

The talk about thin section storage boxes got me to thinking.  Are there any
"Standard" sizes for the glass slides that are used when making a thin
section?  Or is it typically the case that the thin section maker uses
whatever he or she happens to have on hand?

I have seen at least two different size slides used for thin sections, and
that would seem to make it a little more challenging to find a "one size
fits all" storage box.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,
Ed Deckert