[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey THEMIS Images: ET?

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sat May 22 02:17:13 EDT 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:01:06 -0500, you wrote:

>read more online or with their kindle or their ipad than a real book. Then
>Darren's point is valid that books just don't sell like they used to unless
>someone is lying on a beach on vacation or takes one into a restaurant or
>coffee shop or on the train or bus going to work. Believe me, I live in

I didn't realize the figure were that old, but the point remains that most books
do not sell many copies at all, and it has always been that way.  I'd bet that
the figures today are similar to those-- or worse.  And that is with backing.
Self published books by unknowns?  Almost nobody buys those.

>Don't feel bad Darren, you were making a good point, and James, don't give
>up, there are ebooks and you may try that route with your book through an
>online publisher.

Already exists:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=567896&v=buynow

Almost nobody pays for self-published ebooks from unknowns, either.

Sample pages from the book here.  Enjoy!

http://www.flipkart.com/book/adventures-diana-james-balister-underworld/1425940765#previewbook