[meteorite-list] Your first meteorite thin-sections

John.L.Cabassi John at Cabassi.net
Sun Jun 27 19:16:27 EDT 2010

G'Day List
Well not being a collector of thin sections, the trouble might have
started thanks to Tom Phillips. Not only did he give me one of his first
scopes as a gift and knowledge on how to use it, he also supplied me
with SaU 001 and JaH 055 thin sections. And I'm totally hooked.  Thanks
Tom!  I cannot repay you enough for your support and gifts. Hopefully as
time passes I can live up to your great expectations, I doubt that a
lot, but you have offered me something truly unique and I plan to carry
on. You're awesome.

Cheers
John
IMCA # 2125

Learning about thin sections and Xpol

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of
bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:54 PM
To: Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: [meteorite-list] Your first meteorite thin-sections

Hello Listees, Listoids,

My first thin section:

My very first thin section was a Daraj 001 (H5) that I got from Dieter
Heinlein.

This purchase was followed (in 1999) by 9 high-quality thin sections
from AL Mitterling (Allende, Clovis #1, Estacado, Forestburg (b),
Hassayampa, Haxtun, Kendleton, Travis County (a), Vaca Muerta.

The impetus:

A German meteorite collector and member of this MetList implanted that
bug and after I had seen the microcosmos of meteorite thin sections in
cross-polarized light for the first time, I knew that a passion within a
passion had been born that would last a lifetime.

Best thin section wishes,

Bernd