[meteorite-list] Your first meteorite thin-sections

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Sun Jun 27 16:54:14 EDT 2010

Hello Listees, Listoids,

My first thin section:

My very first thin section was a Daraj 001 (H5) that I got from Dieter Heinlein.

This purchase was followed (in 1999) by 9 high-quality thin sections from AL
Mitterling (Allende, Clovis #1, Estacado, Forestburg (b), Hassayampa, Haxtun,
Kendleton, Travis County (a), Vaca Muerta.

The impetus:

A German meteorite collector and member of this MetList implanted that bug and
after I had seen the microcosmos of meteorite thin sections in cross-polarized
light for the first time, I knew that a passion within a passion had been born
that would last a lifetime.

Best thin section wishes,

Bernd