[meteorite-list] Hole in Red Rock Lounge Roof Still aMystery?????

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 11:24:37 EST 2010

>>there has to my knowlege never been  heard a boom more than
> 9 miles away because the curve of the earth  doesnt allow it
> to reach the ground.<<

I know this isn't  right, because I witnessed a fireball where the sonic
sound reached me exactly  163 seconds after extinguishment. The meteor phase
itself lasted for about 5 or  6 seconds. I was also monitoring this meteor by
means of radio and that was  hooked up to a chart recorder. So I got the
times quite accurately. Anyhow, I  figure when the sonic was produced, it was
about 30 to 33 miles away.
GeoZay