[meteorite-list] Alabama tektite discovered

brian burrer brimane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:16:24 EDT 2009

It appears that a tektite has been recovered in western Alabama.  The
age of the strata underlying the recovery area is consistant with
other North American tektite locales.  The stone weighs around 7 grams
and is a darker green than Georgia tektites.  It is currently being
given a thorough set of tests at an undisclosed university.  If the
tektite holds up to scientific scrutiny it will be the first confirmed
tektite to be recovered between the Georgia and Texas fields.  Had I
been the one to find it I would hope I was wearing a 'Depends'
undergarment!

Cheers,  Brian