[meteorite-list] Another dust storm hits Broken Hill in Australia

brian burrer brimane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:01:46 EDT 2009

It is always a shame to see so much topsoil being stripped from the
land.  I sympathize with those who are getting their land ravaged by
deflation.  It has been pointed out by other listees that meteorites
are surfacing- it is a crime against science that Oz officials have
removed practically all incentive to recover them.  But there is a
silver lining for tektite hunters; this same deflation event is also
exposing thousands of australites.  I wish a perfect flanged button to
all who venture out and search.  Oh yeah, and you get to keep tektites
in Australia!

Cheers, Brian