[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 13:13:54 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/15/2009 11:23:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
meteoriteguy at yahoo.com writes:
Let me get this strait, so you put it in a  box, and make a label saying it
is from you, and all you do is put a number on  it, say #4 of 45.
Damn, can't believe I didn't think of that first. I have  thousands of
Allende fragments, (I used to buy kilos of them from the Mexicans  direct until
they ran out)  I could really ramp up the gimmicks to try and  squeeze
another buck or two out of the buyer using their own stupidity against  them.
I am sure though, when they go to sell their box later that anyone with
brains will say, hmmmm .35 gram fragment of Allende retails for about $3.00,
so  I offer you $1.00 and not "wow", this is a limited edition plastic box so
let's  call it $30.00.
********

Mike,

Here is an idea for you, and you can have this idea all for  yourself, I
won't tell anyone else about it.  Just between you and me (and  the 12 people
who read the List, but I am sure they won't tell anyone  either.)

Mint up some token/coins.  Then glue some meteorites on  them that are
worth about $0.02 each.  Stamp #4 of 45 on the back of them  and sell them for
$30.00.

I know, at first you might think that anyone so  stupid to do something
like selling a coin worth maybe $1 for $30 would only get  people laughing at
them.  And while I am sure you would think that would be  a slimy "Billy
Mays" thing to do, maybe you should try it.  I am sure no  one will laugh at you
if you at least tried it.

But, if you do something  like that, be careful and not mention it on the
meteorite list, as there are  some people on there that would attack you and
tell you it is stupid and that  you are just trying to rip people off, and
they would try to get everyone else  not to buy them.

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

**************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great
laptop deals from Dell!