[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 12:53:29 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/15/2009 11:23:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
meteoriteguy at yahoo.com writes:
I am sure though, when they go to sell their  box later that anyone with
brains will say, hmmmm .35 gram fragment of Allende  retails for about $3.00,
so I offer you $1.00 and not "wow", this is a limited  edition plastic box
so let's call it $30.00.

Mike,

FYI, these are all listed at $0.99 on Ebay, not at  $30.00

If anyone wants to pay more for any of these, they can offer  more.  It is
their choice.

I am sure, if you have your way as a very influential person in the
meteorite world, you will discourage EVERYONE from bidding on these,  and they
will all just sell for $0.99 each, or maybe not even get any  bids.
Personally, my goal is that each one sells for at least $2.25  so I can prove to you
that my promotional efforts are worth more than the  $1.00 that you said it
was only worth.

You don't know how much  pleasure this brings me that just the announcement
tweaks you so much  Mike?  Thanks.  It is all worth it now, even if they
all only sell for  only $1.05 each.

By all means Mike, offer some of your own meteorite  inventory in limited
quantities and see if you can get more for them.   Anyone can buy the plastic
cases, but if you don't like the idea, fine, just use  a cardboard box and
an paper ID card.  I have a hunch people might  like them in plastic cases
and in limited editions.  It has been done  before in other fields of
collectibles, why not with meteorites?

Maybe no one will like them.  Maybe some people will.  We will  see.  Of
course I could take some meteorites to China and have figurines  caved out of
them, or have them made into jewelry, but I am trying this method  to reach
out to new collectors to see how it goes.  Nothing ventured,  nothing gained.

Life is good.

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

**************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great