[meteorite-list] Ethiudna Meteorite from Australia, AD

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 15:22:20 EST 2009

Hello List,

OK, I have my gas money to  get to Tucson, but now I need some extra money to
buy some food and maybe even a  hotel for one night's stay on the way down
there.

So, I have put my piece  of Ethiudna, Australia L4 into the saw and I took
off a really nice 4.5 gram  part slice and a 0.8 gram part slice.  Then I put
these up for sale on Ebay  for a 1 day sale.  These both close in the afternoon
on Thursdays, so there  might be a good deal to be had without as much last
minute competition.  I  would have put them on tonight but I am in an ice storm
and have been without  power for a most of 2 days, and I don't know when the
juice is coming back  on.  I am writing this from my laptop in my car up on top
of the mountain  near my house, where I can reach a cell signal.

While Ethiudna is not a  particularly rare classification, and the TKW is
just under 75kg, less than 400  grams have made it out of Australia, and most of
that in 60 gram or smaller  pieces into just a handful of institutions.  There
was one piece that made  it to the DuPont Collection, and that is where these
part slices I am offering  has come from.

See them here;      http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stevearnoldpmh

I still have the remaining  21.5 gram piece with the DuPont Collection number
239 still painted on it, and  depending on how these two lots go, will
determine if I want to part with  it.  I will bring the 21.5g piece to Tucson if
anyone might be  interested.

This might be one of the only chances to get this hard to  find location, as
I don't think any institution would be willing to trade out  any of the tiny
bit they might have.

If these two sell too cheap, I guess  I will just pack some peanut butter and
jelly sandwiches for the trip, and I  will bring a pillow with me!

In any case, I will see you all in  Tucson soon!

Steve Arnold #1
Arkansas.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)