[meteorite-list] Wow, what a memory.

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 23:21:19 EST 2009

Hi all,  I was just going through my  meteorites and their back up
documentation.

I found an unpleasant  reminder of Sept. 11, 2001.  Greg Hupe had a 99 gr end
slice of Zag that he  had started a week earlier.  I had bid several days
before the end of the  auction.

When it ended on the evening of the 11th and I won the  auction I sure wasn't
thinking of meteorites and I don't think Greg was  either.

It seems like the whole world shifted on that day.  Kind of  like a Sliders
episode.  Any one remember that SiFi show?  It sure  doesn't feel like were
back in the proper dimension yet.

Let's hope this  new economy allows for our chosen science/hobby to still
flourish.

Tom

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)