[meteorite-list] Odp: [MICRO] Diamonds and Ureilites

Tomasz Jakubowski illaenus at wp.pl
Tue Dec 1 14:25:36 EST 2009

Dear List Members,
thats true Greg, ureilites contain um size diamonds but also nanometers
(smallest grains We discover had 320 nm, but smaller are also found).
Usually diamonds have 2 - 10 um in size, they are set in vein like area
between olivine, pygeonite cristals.
If someone will be interest I can send many publication about ureilitic
diamonds off list. I think that Ted Bunch who read List can say
somethong about their origin.

Kind Regards
Tomek Jakubowski
IMCA  #2321

Dnia 1-12-2009 o godz. 20:02 Greg Hupe napisał(a):
> Hi Greg S. and List,
>
> Greg S. asked:
> "I was wondering if anyone knows which Ureilite contains the most
> diamonds,
> and how much (perhaps by percent) it contains. I've read that they are
> often
> difficult to cut because of the diamonds in the matrix."
>
> Ureilites contain 'micro'-diamonds, and in a word on how difficult they
> are
> to cut and polish, "A Pain!" The first ureilites we purchased in Morocco
> several years ago we learned just how painful and expensive they were to
> prepare. Basically if you are using an 8" .012 diamond blade, expect to go
> through at least one blade per inch of cutting (if you are lucky!)!
>
> Best regards,
> Greg
>
> ====================
> Greg Hupe
> The Hupe Collection
> NaturesVault (eBay)
> gmhupe at htn.net
> www.LunarRock.com
> IMCA 3163
> Click here for my current eBay auctions:
> http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault

mgr. Tomasz Jakubowski
nr telefonu : 602 889 836
Skype : tymon65