[meteorite-list] August 24th fireball over Canada

rocks at projectargus.com rocks at projectargus.com
Thu Aug 27 20:31:55 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been following eyewitness reports of a fireball that was seen at around
9:00pm on August 24th over Canada.  I made a blog post about it the next
morning, where I compiled 25 eyewitness reports from Twitter users:

http://www.argusrocks.com/blog

Since I made that blog post, traffic to my website has jumped up.  People
are finding my site by searching for "fireball in sky in montreal", "light
in the sky Aug 24th toronto", "Meteorite over ontario on august 24th", etc.
So, I think this is on a lot of people's minds.

Has anyone else been following this?  This had to be a pretty big fireball
if people are still googling for it 3 days later.  Three or four people have
said they saw pieces land.  Nobody has found anything, but I don't know if
there are any serious hunters in the area.

--Noah