[meteorite-list] -2 arrested update (Dude-- Where's MyCaredition)

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 20:55:36 EDT 2009

I don't doubt that Mike and Sonny were on  private land without permission,
they have admitted so.

Was there was  grounds for an arrest buy an unbiased police men?

Sure.

It was  for a court case to decide their guilt, had they wanted to plead "Not
 Guilty."  As I understand, they decided to plead "Guilty."

I assume  they did this either because they were technically guilty as
charged, or because  it was better for them to make such a plea than to take their
chances and money  to try to fight the charges.  With the attitude of the judge
to go over the  law and to order people out of his county, I think taking the
path of least  resistance would have been very attractive to most anyone
found in the same  situation.

To claim that such a judge was an "objective third party" in  this case seems
to be a bit of a stretch.

And, not that we can  believe the newspaper 100%, but it seemed that part of
the reason the judge was  being so "easy" on them was because the land owner
wasn't wanting to push the  issue.  Which, coming from a gun toting, burglar
apprehending victim, that  shows that maybe even she thought sending them to
jail was too extreme, even if  such a jail sentence could have been within the
limits of "the fullest extent of  the law."

That is just my take.

Steve  Arnold
Arkansas

In a message dated 4/2/2009 7:43:18 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,
cynapse at charter.net writes:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009  01:57:17 +0200, you wrote:

>I feel that Mike Miller and Sonny never  seriously thought they were on
>"private" property

No, I make no  claim at all that they had any intention of doing anything
"wrong"-- just  that I can see the land owner's point of view.  (And I'm more
likely to  trust the judgement of objective third parties like the police and
court  system than those of the two sides of the case).

**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)